Sunday, October 17, 2010

What a Small World

"This cannot be, Wiley is my brother".  I went on to work, later called Dad to tell him this story.

I was driving to work, needing gas so I stopped at Buster and Crickets Store.

Nice lady came out, said "I notice your tag is from Fannin County,  I was raised there". (100 miles away)

Who do you know there?  I tell her, my Father is Pratt and Grandfather is Wiley. (her brother in 14 kid family)

This happened almost 30 years ago.  I was so shy, I never went back to get to know my Great Aunt Cricket.  I would if, I could do it over again.

As I type this story, it is still hard to believe it.  Coincidence or what?

8 comments:

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Sometimes coincidences are crazy like that...and we do wonder if they are coincidences or not...

Connie Arnold said...

I had the same thought as Lynda, is it really a coincidence?

Rose said...

life can be strange. be prepared for anything. rose

Eat To Live said...

It is a small world, what a great story.

I USED to be SHY also.....kind of wish at times I was still shy. Sometimes I get myself into trouble opening my mouth.
Oh well.... Stuff could be worse..Right??

Velvet Over Steel said...

Coincidences (good fate) are from God I think! :-) Cool story & I understand about being shy. I was terribly shy when I was younger.

Have a Wonderful week!
Blessings & Big Hug,
Coreen

Unknown said...

Very small world. That is awesome you met her!

Deborah Ann said...

Wow! I don't believe in coincidences...just God. I'm shy too, or at least I was. God's been working on that.

Blessings my dear friend of all things 'stuff' :-)

Rose said...

i'm back thanks for your comment on my post re horses. glad they are ok. wishing a pleasant evening. take care. rose

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...