Wednesday, October 27, 2010

3 Hours with Nate Adventures

I kept my toddler nephew alone Monday.  Hubs came home briefly but was locked out.

He was knocking on the door as I changed a messy diaper.   Nate was also playing with phone.

At least phone was on speaker when an operator said, "Can I help you?"  I got the phone, said I have wrong number.

I finished with diaper, then pulled up to get in my chair, to open the door for hubs.

Later while feeding Nate a PBJ sandwich, I let him play with my chairs controller.  He loves to blow the horn (which bugs the horse dog with muzzle on)

My chair will not move, I panicked and call my son.  He is locked out also, (have to keep Nate from going outside).  My son said, can you crawl to the door?

I kept on pushing buttons on the controller.  I was so relieved when I found out how Nate killed my power.

When I threw put him in playpen to take his nap, I took a nap also.

Just a few adventures of keeping a toddler alone!

I still wonder, how did I raise my 2 kids.  I guess I was younger??

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel exhausted after reading this. I hope you took a long nap!

Mimi said...

Oh that age was so tiring wasn't it?

I'm stopping by from the Over 40 blog group.

Mimi

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

my goodness...I can understand why you took a nap!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

yikes...that was some adventure. and little ones are always full of fun...and adventure. You never know what they're going to get into next. ☺

Velvet Over Steel said...

I think the very same thing after watching my niece and nephew (3 & 6).

I'm so glad I had my children when I was young. lol

Cute post! Now I'm tired! :-)

Have a wonderful Friday, Kim!
Big Hug,
Coreen

Weezer said...

After I've had one or more of the granddaughters, I need a nap. And the dog goes into hiding for several hours afterwards. It's amazing how much energy toddlers have. Imagine what wonderful teenagers they'd be if they stored up some of that for later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...