Sunday, July 18, 2010

Marriage Seminar Weekend

Since we are heading into the boring growing old together stage of marriage after 25 years. 

We were surprised by this sudden invitation to a Marriage Seminar this weekend.

I believe God provided us a way to go to Marriage Seminar with Life Gate.  The National MS Society, Georgia Chapter  enabled us to go.

We spent 8 hours of training (yes it was a long day) to improve our relationship. 

We were taught how to connect during stressful times and also dealing with MS.

They showed us new ways to communicate better. 

It was a great help just talking about these subjects.

"I Feel like you are ignoring me, I Feel like you do not listen to me, I Feel like I need alone time" etc.

I Feel like this weekend was sent to us personally by God! 

When being married a long time we can forget how to communicate.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim...My first marriage failed, and we have 2 wonderful young men as a result of it. As the old saying goes......something good always comes from something bad. I have no regrets, it was a hard life lesson. I'm glad you and your husband work so hard to make life a little better. I admire you, both.

Unknown said...

That's just awesome!!!
We have been married for 11 years and it feels like 40 at times. It also feels like it has been all the bad for a long time, but we're still together, we have never been able to afford a marriage retreat, I am glad you were able to go and many more years of blissful Marriage ;)

Karen said...

Good post, Kim...your first strikeout made me laugh...

May the Lord continue blessing you, Rex, and your children....

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Sounds like a great weekend! May you have many more blessed years together!

Glory to God said...

It's great that you can find humor like this in your marriage. It's awesome that you were able to go to a marriage seminar. May it help bless your "forever" marriage! :)

Aries said...

Sounds like a good idea, renew each others feelings towards each other. As for me, hubby and I didn't grew apart, instead we grew closer by the day. Perhaps tackling teenage sons problems together make us closer. May you have a great week ahead.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

8 hours of training sounds intense.. but it also sounds great. Nice work!

Jane said...

Sounds like an interesting workshop. Glad that you had fun!

Jane

Weezer said...

Sounds like a wonderful idea. I've always thought that when we older folks reach a certain milestone in our marriages that we should take something like this. We change as our lives change.
You doing okay?

Jackie said...

This is my first time here and I love your blog and following along with you now! You had me at the first strike through!LOL! We've been married 33 years and "growing" to 34 in Sept....and yes it's totally awesome that you're attending the workshop!!

Hope you'll stop by my place for a visit sometime!

Sweet Blessings!
Jackie

Unknown said...

What a wonderful learning time with your hubby. It is awesome you are still working at your relationship!!! You are great role models to your kiddos and us!

Rose said...

i think that workshops like this are good. unfortunately, my husband would have to be dragged, he's not a socil person

Inday said...

That is one of your priceless Blessing Kim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...