Monday, June 15, 2009

DECORATION DAY


This was a beautiful decoration day for my Mother's grave. The mountain folks has an old tradition of decorating the cemetery. When I was a child, family would fly in from many states and enjoy the reunion. We now have small reunions, but the memories are great.

This is my Dad and four sisters, that I am always posting about.

A new life is starting when I keep the baby tomorrow part-time, while my sister works. A new adventure again for me.
Life goes on and we have to make the best of it, before it slips away.

4 comments:

Pilar said...

It hits home so it is hard to comment.

Those are beautiful flowers

Carleen said...

Hi Kim! I found your blog from a post at Rosidah's place this morning. My family, on both sides, does the same decoration thing on Memorial Day. My dad's family are all buried in the same cemetery in the small town where he grew up, so it's really easy to do for them. But my mom's family are scattered across the country from California to New York, so the West Coasters take care of the graves on our side of the country, and the East Coasters take care of the graves on their side.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts. Wishing you a great day!

RA said...

Beautiful decoration! May the lovely memories live forever in us. Best wishes on your new chapter of life and adventure. Hope everything goes on well :).

blessedmom said...

that was so nicely decorated! beautiful indeed! :)

how are you my friend? hope you have a happy blessed day! take care always:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...