Thursday, April 23, 2009

A NEW LIFE

We are welcoming a new life into the world, Nathaniel was born a few days ago to my sister. He is starting life so innocent. He is beginning his journey with such little tasks as learning to eat. We find that small, but I do not think he does, since he screams like he is being treated terrible. Little does he know that he is being treated like a king.

We may look back at our problems in the same way. I know we need to look at challenges as if they were small stuff. I think life is tough now but really I am so blessed, how could I complain.

New life almost on the day my Mother left this world, it has been four years and the pain is still there, I guess you see again, what a mother does for a child, that may be the reason there is a hole in your heart, maybe until the end. It is not Mother's Day yet, but my Mom's Heaven date.

3 comments:

blessedmom said...

Congratulations to your sister! I love the name- Nathaniel :) Oh, this post touched my heart especially when you mentioned your feelings and thoughts about your Mom. I love my Mom and thinking about her being gone someday makes me feel so sad. Moms do have a very special place in one's heart. :)

Thank you for sharing this. :)

katherine said...

Congrats for having newly born nephew. It made me smile when you said that he was small but terrible..haha. I love babies and i miss to have a little baby. My youngest is now 8 years old but i dont have plans now to have another baby. I will just borrow babies from our neighbor..hehe. Thanks anyway for your comment to my blog. Have a nice day.

Unknown said...

I second the congratulations on your new nephew. Babies are a way of looking at life brand new again. When you spend time with them and watch them learning the little things and how amazed they are with each little task they accomplish it gives me a greater appreciation of life and what I have. It helps me to see things with gratitude. I was moved by what you said about your mom. Mine has been gone for 30 years and that special place for her in my heart can't be filled. It does get easier but I can't help but think how much different my life would have been if I hadn't lost her. I was 21 when my mom died and just finally getting old enough to recognize her as my best friend. I still miss her but it took me years to really accept that she was gone. I know that sounds crazy but I would catch myself wanting to pick up the phone and call her out of the blue without thinking and then realize how crazy that was. I don't do that anymore but I still have days when I miss her terribly and wish she were here to talk to. God bless

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...