Friday, June 25, 2010

My Blog Name....










My Aunt Rene always smiling with her family surrounding her.

I had a few requests to write about the name of this blog.

I grew up seeing my Aunt Rene always happy.  She did have a bunch of reasons to complain and be grouchy.

Rheumatoid Arthritis attacked her at an early age when she had a full life ahead of her.  It was tough for the whole family.

They knew little about the disease then, told her to rest.  A new med she took was IV's of steroids.  It was before they knew the long term damage.

She was bedridden over 30 years.  She had 5 children and raised them somehow from her bed. 

Rene would lay in bed reminiscing to me about the good ole days of cleaning house.   The kids had to hide their dirt. 

She loved God with all her heart,  Jesus was her life.  Everyone that visited her left feeling better.

She had prayer meetings in her house, the power was there.  We all wondered why this saintly woman was sick.  I later  realized we do not understand everything.

Rene would have been happy to rush around in a power chair like I do.

She taught me with her life to make the best of your life.  Whatever your circumstances.

14 comments:

Felicia said...

I love that....your blog name is very inspiring. I think its a good motto to have

Weezer said...

I love people with that outlook on life. They're so pleasant to be around. And the name of your blog is so true.....things could always be worse.

Unknown said...

What an amazing woman! I love your blog title and now appreciate it even more!

♥ Sarah @ FFP ♥ said...

What a touching story. I like your blog name and am glad you look on the bright side in your life ;)

furygirl3132 said...

I absolutely love the name of your blog and definitely need a tee with that on it, please do a giveaway! LOL
I am a new follower from Friday Follow, can't wait to read more of your blog! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Eloise
Mommy2TwoGirls
http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

Weezer said...

Happy Saturday, Kim. Just wanted to let you know that I just received a couple of items I had ordered from CafePres and I absolutely love them. 'specially the messenger bag.
Now I can say 'Stuff can always be worse' wherever I carry my bag.

Glory to God said...

Thanks for sharing about your Aunt Rene. It does give us readers a truer appreciation for your heart...and your blog name. :)

Nikki (Sarah) said...

you are amazingly positive

Nicole said...

Very nice. I see your blog title often, always liked it. I stay grounded by remembering when things were worst. Great post

Anonymous said...

Really good post!

Anonymous said...

thank you

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing with us, I have been enjoing reading. I have MS also and I have started a blog to fill in my time, have a look and let me know what you think.
http://ladyofhuntingdon.blogspot.com.au/

Anonymous said...

A really wonderful story and a truly inspiring woman!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog )
http://anmdcf7i.com my blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...