Sunday, October 23, 2016

My Son Carrying Me

Jacob carrying me up the stairs at the wedding



It is scary to be carried!   I could have climbed those stairs slower but Jacob said let me carry you....after our family picture.

When he carries me, it always takes me back to the memory of when he was in middle school.  I drove both kids to a band concert in my handicapped van with hand-controls.

I went to transfer from the drivers seat to my chair but my legs gave out and I sank to the floor.

I was thinking on NO!  how do I get back up?  Then my son just picked me up!!  One of the greatest memories of my life!

I was so happy that he could....and we went on inside for his band concert.

Thankfully I hardly ever fall nowadays.



14 comments:

Karen said...

I know for a fact those big strapping sons come in handy sometimes! Bet it was an honor for your Jacob to help his mom...both in middle school and now, too!

MadSnapper said...

what a wonderful and heart touching moment. so glad you shared it with us. I agree with Karen, he felt honored to carry you both times

DUTA said...

You should be proud and happy of the son you've raised. Great son and great human being!

Aodhnait said...

Aw that's lovely.

Elephant's Child said...

It is indeed scary to be carried. But how lovely to have such strong arms and heart beside you.

Karen Mortensen said...

What a dear son you have.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your son sounds like a gem.

Gail said...

i

Oh my, such a bittersweet memory <3
Love Gail
peace.....

weekend-windup said...

Sweet memories are always good to turn back...

Wanda said...

Such a sweet and endearing photo Kim

diane b said...

What a wonderful son you have. you have done a good job in raising him and you can be proud of him and yourself.

Unknown said...

I hope this finds you and yours doing well. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

My Odd Sock said...

Great picture!
My sons have gathered me up from the floor after a spill.
We must be so thankful of our boys!
Carry on. (Sorry, terrible pun!)

Small Kucing said...

:) that is sweet of him .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...