Friday, September 1, 2017

Free of My Lifelong Spider Fear


Can you believe these spiders were everywhere I went?
This one did ride to town on the outside of my van window.

This Labor Day weekend is the unofficial end to Summer.  It reminds me of all the years I was tormented by these spiders during the Summer but not this Year!

I have worked on being free of my spider phobia my whole life!  I blogged about it several times but here is one post from 2010.

I carried bug spray in my scooter feeling like I was at war.   I needed defense from what was always attacking me.......pitiful really.

Last year I finally realized I was bigger than spiders are so I just step on them, duh.  I put them in perspective.  I don't know if it's an age thing or what?

I still kill any bug inside my home now but no longer a phobia. which made my heart race in fear.

My advice is to try to keep these fears in perspective, don't let them become Monsters.  Whatever the fear is....


10 comments:

MadSnapper said...

I hate spiders and so does bob, not fear unless they are in the house. the only ones I will not swat or step on are the really big ones that can jump... I call bob for that. so happy for you to overcome that fear. I have several fears I need to overcome, but never will.

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

I'm a bit of a spider-phobe myself. I almost always call for Doug to come and take care of it. If he's not around, I manage. Like you, I hate those jumping ones! My biggest phobia...and it's beginning to become problematic...is claustrophobia. I even felt it in church recently. The room was crowded, and we sat in the back row, with our backs against the wall. The people in front of me were blocking my forward vision, which made me feel closed in. I made it through the service, but there was some prayer and some self-talk involved. Congratulations to you on overcoming your fear of spiders!

Ginny Hartzler said...

WOW!!! I have had arachnophobia and been terrified of spiders my whole life. I wish I could be like you. They absolutely terrify me, especially the jumpers. And in the fall, the baby ones throw out silk lines in the air...they are everywhere. I read the other day that when we are at home, we are never more than six feet away from a spider....tranquilizers!!

DUTA said...

Kudos to you!
It's great to get rid of any phobias one has, as they make one's life unbearable.
I have my fears like everybody else. Ivery much hope they won't turn into phobias.

Elephant's Child said...

I am fascinated by spiders. Some of them LIKE THESE are beautiful. My partner loathes them and it is my job to move them.
Snakes on the other hand freak me out.

Pam said...

YUCK...I do not like spiders...live ones. ALthough I do like the one I posted about today. Funny that we both had spiders on the mind. My biggest fear~ SPIDERS.

Chatty Crone said...

We all have fears thou do't we? I Hate these little lizard things myself!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Way to go! I don't know if I can get to that point with grasshoppers. I absolutely despise them.

diane b said...

Well done that is not an easy fear to overcome.

My Odd Sock said...

A brave lady indeed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...