Friday, January 1, 2010

A Fresh Start











Where I grew up, and looking back, as the new year starts.   The first day of a new year, seems to be a
good time to reflect on the past.  I  do not mean to dwell on the past, but look how far you have come, on this journey of life.

I grew up in Copperhill, TN, with an industry of copper mining.  That has all changed to a tourist type area now.  I will keep posting pictures to reflect the evolution of a small town. It will show how things can change.

I started blogging one year ago, not a writer, but a friend described this way,  "a friendly, welcoming style,  that comes naturally".  I think that is a good description of Me, so I guess that is it.   I did not intend on finding, such a wonderful world of bloggers and reader's.  It was a surprise for me.  I need all the tips, on blogging that anyone, would like to share.  I suppose I will stay on this road, in life, for now!

I always try to end a thought by asking, what do you think your road looks like, on this journey?  Life!

6 comments:

Karen said...

My uncle grew up in Copperhill...it will be interesting seeing the changes....

Herrad said...

Hi,
Please visit my blog and pick up your award.
Best wishes for this New Year.
Love,
Herrad

Enjoying the Ride said...

Kim,

I just found your lovely blog via our mutual friend, Herrad. Your philosophy is a good one. It's a thought that keeps me going sometimes- things could always be worse.

Mitch

Weezer said...

I look forward to getting to know you in this next year. Blogging is an adventure and so worth it with all the fine people you meet on the way. I truly hope you have a wonderful and healthly year, my new blog friend.
All the best.

Inday said...

Dearest Kim,

Believe me, though I have never been the first to read and leave comment in your blog, I truly find your blog honestly wonderful and one that is down to earth.

How did I find you? That is one of a preponderating question I asked myself.

Perhaps, we are meant to cross path through the blogworld.

Late maybe, please allow me to wish you all goodness the world has to offer laid down before you by our Divine Providence.

In answer to your concluding question: My road to life as I journey on looks like there are always extra-ordinary challenges for me to hurdle on.

Challenges beyond belief! Yet, there is no room to complain but graciously thankful I am still here.

Thinking of you. Please take care because you are one amongst the many who give us inspiration to forge on!

RA said...

Dear Kim, you have spoken my mind. Wishing you all the best for 2010 :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...